budget friendly france

Chateau Croix de Mai Medoc 2010

 
Estate: Croix de Mai is a small estate owned since 2010 by winemaker Cecile Reich of the Chateua L’Argenteyre family. The name “Croix de Mai” [Cross of May] is in honor of the ancient cross located in front of the cellar. There are only 1.7 hectares of vineyards at the tiny estate.

Winemaking: Grapes are from vines over 55 years old. 90% of the wine is aged in French oak barrels, the remaining 10% is aged in tanks.

Tasting Notes: Dark garnet with brick edges in colour, with concentrated aromas of black currant, black cherry, floral, black pepper and woodsy oak. Intense and rich with blackberry, black cherry, dark chocolate, earth and a touch of reduced balsamic. Good acidity and tannins lead to a plush finish of fruit, pepper and a trace of fennel. Plump and rich, lovely on its own or with a wide variety of dishes.

90% Merlot, 5% Malbec 5% Petit Verdot
Medoc
France
14% Alcohol
$14
Enjoy now thru 2020

0 comments on “Chateau Croix de Mai Medoc 2010

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: