boxed wine estate bottled france value

VRAC Red Cotes du Rhone 2016

Brand: Vrac translates to “bulk” or “loose”, whilst ‘En Vrac’ translates to “bring your own bottle”. These phrases refer to the French practice of locals filling their own vessels with wine directly from the winery’s tanks. The producer intended to reflect that custom with VRAC, and crafted a simple, French countryside jug-style wine.

Winemaking: 90% of the fruit is de-stemmed, with the remaining 10% left as whole clusters. Fermentation occurs in open concrete and stainless steel vats. After pressing, the wine is aged in steel tanks.

Tasting Notes: Inky red violet in colour with aromas of fresh, juicy berries, earth and a floral hint. Plush blackberry, raspberry, black pepper and smoky earth are backed by food friendly acidity. Finishing dry and fruity. Straightforward, a great fusion of jammy berries and earth. Consistently a fantastic value.

Red Rhône blend [I could not verify varietal percentages, typically Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.]
Estate Bottled by La S.C.A. V.E.A.
14% Alcohol
$20 [3L box equivalent to 4 750ML bottles]
Enjoy now

2 comments on “VRAC Red Cotes du Rhone 2016

  1. When touring Bordeaux with my folks, my Dad would get excited when a place sold wine En Vrac as well as in bottle – he would have a few empty barrels ready!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: