estate bottled italy organic value

Palazzone ‘Vignarco’ Orvieto Classico 2014

orvietopalazzone - Version 2

Estate: Taking its name from a 13th century lodge that was once on the property, Podere Palazzone was purchased by the Dubini Locatelli family in 1969. Located in the rolling hills of Umbria in the heart of Italy, the estate is headed by Giovanni and Lodovico Dubini, along with their children, the next generation.

Winemaking: Passionate about organic methods, chemicals such as insecticides and fertilizers are not used in the vineyards. Instead, low environmental impact methods such as copper-based products and cover crops are employed, as well as the minimal addition of sulphites in the wine. The 25 hectares of vineyards are comprised of soil that is predominately tufa, a porous variety of limestone, along with clay, silt and sand.

Tasting Notes: Bright gold in colour with engaging aromas of dandelion, lemon, almond and honeysuckle. Lemon, yellow apple, almond and minerals are framed by a zippy acidity. Honey and herbaceous notes linger on the dry finish. A refreshing pour that pairs well with a wide of simple dishes. Great value!

80% blend of Procanico and Grechetto, the remaining 20% is Drupeggio, Verdello and Malvasia
Orvieto Classico DOC
Estate Bottled by Azienda Agricola Palazzone
13.5% Alcohol
Enjoy now

0 comments on “Palazzone ‘Vignarco’ Orvieto Classico 2014

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: