budget friendly italy

Cave des Onze Communes Torrette Valleé d’Aoste 2011


Rustic and lively, with a silky smooth blend of fruit, spice and earthy minerals, this is fantastic with just about any dish.

Winery: La Cave des Onze Communes is a cooperative that was founded in 1990 and currently consists of 200 members with 60 acres of vineyards spread across 11 municipalities in the central Aosta Valley, northwestern Italy. [Close to the French Alps, the influence can be seen in the French spelling variations on the label.] Many of the vineyards are located on steep slopes resulting in all cultivation processes having to be done by hand. The modern cellar is equipped with innovative technology and produces about 350,000 bottles each year.

Winemaking: The growers are passionate and consider themselves “craftsmen of the earth”, and employ environmentally friendly methods in the vineyards. Torette is a blend of indigenous grapes from the Aosta Valley, fermented and aged for 6 months in stainless steel. “In order to enhance spice it is customary in the early stages of pre-bottling to make small cuts ( 5/10 %) with matches of the same Turrets aged in wood.”

Tasting Notes: Dark red violet in colour with aromas of dried flowers, wild berries and earth. Cherry, brambly berries and leather notes wrapped around an earthy, mineral driven core, whilst traces of dark chocolate infused the spiced fruit on the elongated, dry finish.

75% Petit Rouge, the remaining 25% is a blend of Vien de Nus, Cornalin, and Premetta
Valleé d’Aoste
Estate Bottled by Cave des Onze Communes
13% Alcohol
$17 [average price]
Enjoy now

0 comments on “Cave des Onze Communes Torrette Valleé d’Aoste 2011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: