budget friendly estate bottled france sustainably farmed

Domaine De Châteaumar Cuvée Vincent Syrah 2010


We were drawn back to the Meddlesome Moth in Dallas for a second evening filled with their wonderful gastro-pub styled small plates, unique wines and extensive beer offerings. To accompany a table of shared plates ranging from toasted mushroom faro to fried hominy to roasted beets with chevre and lavender honey, I selected Domaine De Châteaumar Cuvée Vincent Syrah 2010. Domaine De Chateaumar has been a family owned and operated estate for over 3 generations. Today the 40 acre estate is headed by father and son team Jean-Felix and Frederic Souret who strive to maintain the family’s tradition of respect for nature and vine. They practice sustainable viticulture, and have never used chemicals on the soil. Cuvee Vincent is a custom cuvée created for the Bourgeois Family; a family owned importing company specializing in empowering “small estate producers from emerging regions as well as ancestral regions”. It is a small batch cuvée originating from a single vineyard located on the Chateauneuf du Pape terrior, with 85% aged in concrete for 8 months, whilst the remaining 15% was aged in French oak.


Inky dark purple with ruby red highlights, aromas of black olives and grape jam radiated from the glass. Black cherry and black current fruit flavours rested upon an undercurrent of tobacco, black olives and a pleasantly balancing acidity in the powerful body. Spicy black pepper and clove joined rich, smoky balsamic notes in the velvety finish. Abounding with luxuriant dark fruits and earthy elements, this is a lovely glass on its own or accompanying rich, spicy foods.



100% Syrah
Côtes du Rhône
Estate Bottled
13.5% Alcohol
$17 [Average price]
Enjoy now thru 2015

0 comments on “Domaine De Châteaumar Cuvée Vincent Syrah 2010

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: